My career has been built on the ability to create real customer value by understanding customers’ needs, identifying unique solutions, and delivering innovative products. As a product management leader, I’ve successfully launched consumer electronics products, entertainment products, collaboration, and communications solutions, medical devices, and information technology products and services. I have relied on strong communication, product innovation, broad functional experience, and leadership to lead teams to successfully deliver many challenging projects and product releases.
- Identified and mapped customer needs to product value and required capabilities to create concise use cases, thorough marketing and product requirements, and manage feature and capability roadmaps.
- Developed and maintained high-level and detailed project and program plans, requirements, dependencies, deliverables, risks, and resources to drive execution.
- Measured capability and feature value through customer satisfaction, interview and observational methods resulting in gap analyses and roadmap inputs.
- Influenced internal and external stakeholders and marshaled required resources to execute product definition, development, launch activities, demonstrations, and business development and sales support.
- Maintained balance between engineering investment and customer acceptance for delivering new technologies in emerging markets to maximize sales opportunities.
- Developed deep understanding of customers’ expressed and latent needs, represented the ‘voice of the customer’ to drive product and user experience enhancements.
- Created prototypes and wire-frame UIs to prove product concepts, solicit early feedback to influence design, and communicate business value.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative field studies of target markets to assess the customer environment, current and future needs, and their associated value.
- Executed beta programs with up to 100 users, gathering critical input to drive the product releases, identify features and capabilities, and manage comprehensive roadmaps.
- Identified and pursued strategic partnerships with complementary technologies and proposed integration strategies to create unique business value.
- Completed ecosystem analyses including target customers, partners, competitors, alternatives, and trends to develop robust go-to-market strategies and well-differentiated product offerings increasing market share and revenue.
- Developed highly effective product positioning, standardized market messaging based on user needs and product value and delivered key product marketing content and collateral.
- Evangelized company and product vision to align teams, drive commitment to common goals and objectives, and empower better decision-making.
- Built and led marketing, technical, research and manufacturing teams including, contractors, consultants, creative firms, and external vendors.
- Provided broad project context, their strategic importance, and identify individual wins to staff motivating them to become personally vested.
- Championed product and business value internally to focus efforts and externally to customers, partners, press, and analysts creating market buzz and supporting sales.
CONSUMER AND DIGITAL PRODUCTS
- Fusion Production – Machine shop production management tools
- Product Design Suite– industry-leading mechanical design software
- Factory Design Suite– digital factory for manufacturing layout
- Process Analysis 360– process modeling for manufacturing optimization
- Factory Design Mobile– capture manufacturing projects in the field
- Spectroscope– iPhone app using geolocation services for gameplay
- Sonicare– electronic toothbrush that revolutionized dental hygiene
- Supertracks– digital music store predating iTunes by 3 years
- IMK– pre-paid music card/CD to promote digital music sales
- SWARM– sensitive information incident and content distribution solution
- DECO– collaboration tools for geographically dispersed design teams
- ETS/GTR– IT control appliance/service used to ‘calibrate’ servers
- MVX– accelerates applications with large datasets to deliver faster results
- Sr. Product Line Manager, Autodesk, Mar 2012 – Present
- Sr. Program Manager, Autodesk, Mar 2011 – Mar 2012
- Founder, Cpruce Labs, Jul 2010 – Mar 2011
- Dir. Product Management, RNA Networks (Acq. by Dell), Jul 2008 – Jul 2010
- Dir. Product Management, SignaCert (Acq. by Harris), Jan 2006 – Jul 2008
- VP Product Management, Swan Island Networks, Feb 2002 – Dec 2005
- Dir. of Marketing, Computerized Thermal Imaging, May 2001 – Mar 2002
- Dir. Product Management, Supertracks, Mar 2000 – May 2001
- Product Marketing Manager, Genedax, Jun 1998 – Jan 2000
- Account Manager, Avnet Electronics, Aug 1995 – Sep 1997
- Electrical Engineer, Optiva (Acq. by Phillips) 1991 – Aug 1995
- MBA, University of Washington, Foster School of Business, Seattle, WA, 1999
- BS Electrical Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 1991